Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Spiderweb Candle


This is just a "Better Homes and Gardens" candle that I purchased at Walmart for $4.98.   It is a light green color and the scent is "Chocolate Peppermint Truffles".

I peel the label off and started by drawing a rough polygon shape in the center, draw lines out from it the go around the polygon in small increments to larger increments all the way around.  I used a Porcelaine 150 fine tip ceramic paint marker on it as it is what I had on hand.

I like the idea because it does look eerie in a dark room, but perhaps a black sharpie or acrylic paint might work better and give you better control.   I might try this next with glow in the dark paint instead.   The Porcelaine paint marker is to be used specifically on glass but I have always gotten splotchy results with it even though this is a fine tip marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment