Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pinball Necklace

This project is for Day 6 for 30 Days of Creativity and with a category of pinballs, so I chose to use a toy pinball necklace from a friend's party and craft it into a necklace.   I had all of the items on hand so it didn't cost anything to make.  
 


First, I made paper beads:
  • Paper
  • Scissors
  • Gluestick
  • Paintbrush
  • Spray paint
  

I used old magazines and backed the pages with regular paper then cut into long sloping shape (see right hand photo).  The width and length along with whatever tool you use to wrap the "bead" around (I used a paintbrush) will determine the shape of the bead.  I wanted mine more eclectic so I used different widths and sizes.

You start at the wide end, apply the glue stick to the inside length then start rolling it tightly until you reach the end.

I also spray painted mine lightly to give it a more cohesive look, but instead a clear spray paint or Modge Podge could be used to seal them.



 
Rest of the necklace.
  • Small toy pinball game
  • Cap off of Axe Shampoo
  • Hot knife
  • E-6000 glue
  • 24-26 inches of ribbon

On the Axe cap, I cut a hole in each end wit the hot knife and threaded the ribbon through and then secured it where I wanted with E-6000.










I cut off the top of the lid and the spigot towards the top so I had a smooth surface.















I glued down the toy pinball game and added the paper beads two paper bead to the top and the remaining paper beads at the bottom and tied a knot at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment