Bookmark and Share

Saturday, June 4, 2011

No Sew $2 Dollar Store Tutu

Photobucket
This is tutu I made for my great niece Mia for her 3rd birthday out of two rolls of tulle from the Dollar Tree and 21 inches of elastic.

Items used:

  • 2 rolls of Tulle (from the Dollar Tree)
  • Elastic (waist measurement plus 1 inch

It is based on a prior tutu that I made (tutuorial here) except that it is much fuller and poofier. To get the fullness different lengths tulle ranging from 12 inches to 28 inches with increasing 4 inch intervals (12,16,20,24,28) were used and  I  about 10 of each.   I already had the elastic on hand.

Instead of sewing the ends together, I added 1 inch to the waist measurement and tied the ends together (she is skinny and they may have untie it to make it smaller).

I had hoped to get a picture of her trying it on, but she is independent and inquisitive and hard to keep up with.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment