Bookmark and Share

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Plastic Bottle Top Flower


Turn trash into a pretty Anthropologie inspired flower treasure!   

I saw this Anthropolgie window display http://mslk.com/reactions/anthropologie-store-windows/ and decided to give it a go. 

I am participating in the April Stash Bust over at Dollar Store Crafts and in this project used the top of a 2 liter bottle, the cap off a shampoo bottle and spray paint to create the above flower.

Items used:
  • 1 2 liter bottle
  • Craft or Kitchen Scissors
  • Plastic bottle cap
  • Amazing Goop Glue or Hot Glue Gun and Glue sticks
  • Spray pain
  • Plastic bag
  • Cardboard
Rinse out the bottle and remove the label.  Pinch it on one side and cut where there is a ridge all the way around the bottle. 
Cut the approximately 1 inch wide strips all the way around the top of the bottle.   To make sure it was even I cut into quarters first, then cut each quarter into 3 sections for a total of 12 "petals".

Press the cut pieces down to form the flower.














I decided I wanted my petal to be rounded, so I opened up a plastic bag and rounded the edge of each petal over the bag then put the bag in my plastic recycling bin for easy clean up.

Next, I opened up an old frozen pizza box and spray painted the top and allowed it to dry, then flipped it over and painted the other side. 






















For the center of the flower, I used the top off of an Axe shampoo bottle, but just about any bottle cap would do.










Place glue around the bottom edge of the cap and place it firmly in the center of the plastic flower and allow it to dry.





Bookmark and Share


4 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to do this, I've seen them everywhere and they are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great! Love how you covered the center with another cap! Thanks so much for sharing on creativejewishmom.com and I hope you'll be back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I would love for you to come over and link up to check me out saturday www.iamonly1woman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those! I made a wreath our of them and had the best time cutting out the flowers. So fun!

    Thanks for linking up!

    XOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete