Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Wardrobe Refashion - Signed Up For Another 4 Months

Wardrobe Refashion is a site where users pledge to not buy any "new" manufactured clothing but instead pledge to "refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items" or make with your own two hands for the term you sign up for and you pledge to post what you have created to share with the other refashioners on the site. You can sign of for 2, 4, 6 months or life.

I have a lot of things that I plan on refashioning that I haven't gotten around to yet as I am still digging stuff out of the closets to decide what to keep to refashion before donating the rest to Goodwill or Salvation Army in between job hunting.

Overall it has been positive experience.  It was a little painful not hitting the after holiday clearance items, but it did save me a lot of time as well as money as I didn't even bother checking the racks.

My 16 year old son was rather horrified when we were at the store and wanted me to buy him some new jeans and I told him that I couldn't due to the pledge.  As he wanted a certain pair due to how they looked and fit he spent his money and bought a pair jeans with his Christmas money and gave me several pairs along with a pair of shorts to patch up for him.  

Nicki at Wardrobe Refashions is accepting applications up until 2/28/10 if you want to join in on the fun.  To sign up go to http://nikkishell.typepad.com/wardroberefashion/2010/02/sign-up-now.html.   For more information on the rules go to http://nikkishell.typepad.com/wardroberefashion/the_rules.html.

Even if you aren't up for pledging, I highly recommend checking out all of the creative upcycles over at Wardrobe Refashion as you are likely to get an inspiration to upcycle something you have in your closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment