Bookmark and Share

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mint Limeaid

A cool, refreshing summer drink!
I made this twice as the first pitcher was consumed almost immediately after it was made. The first time around I chopped up the mint and then crushed it against the side of the pitcher, but even after I removed most of it my son said he liked the taste, but not the bits of mint in the drink, so the second time I used mint extract and just garnished with mint leaves that he can pick out.
Items used:
  • 3 12 oz cans (or 4 1/2 cups) of Sprite Zero or other lemon/lime drink.
  • 1 Can Frozen Limeaid or 3 fresh limes
  • 1/2-1 tsp Mint Extract or approx. 1/4 cup of fresh mint leaves
  • Ice
  • 1 lime (for garnishment)
  • A few mint leaves (for garnishment)
  • 1 large pitcher
  • 1 large spoon

If using fresh mint leaves, put them in the pitcher first.

Pour the can of limeaid (I let it thaw in the fridge first to make it easier to mix) into the pitcher Pour in the cans of Sprite Zero

Add in the 1/2 tsp-1 tsp (I used 1/2 tsp) to the pitcher.

Chop up the lime, then add it and the mint leaves to the pitcher for garnishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment